Design your Design Week Experience
Browse the events on the Programs page.
- Online live events with a timeslot require registration so you can receive the details to access the events.
- Events that are "free all week" will be released on the event pages September 9 and will be available for you to explore on your own time.
Register for online live events now to reserve your space!
- You'll find an orange REGISTER button on each event page.
- Add the event to your calendar. (There's a quick link to do this right above the REGISTER button on the event page.)
- Any links you receive for Zoom sessions are meant for you only. Don't share them with others!
Prepping for Design Week
- Before your online live events start, log into Eventbrite and pull up your Eventbrite confirmation email(s). (Most events are on Zoom, but there are a few on other platforms such as Crowdcast and Kast.)
- Will I be visible in the events I attend? That depends. Most sessions are presented as Zoom Meetings or Zoom Webinars. You'll be visible in a Zoom Meeting but not in a Webinar. You can always turn off your camera in a Meeting if you prefer not to be shown.
- Get creative and download the SDDW Zoom backgrounds, if you'd like!
- For Zoom sessions, log on a little early, in case you might need to do a quick registration to enter the session.
- How to log in to Zoom
- How to log in to Kast (for UX Speakeasy event)
- How to log in to Crowdcast
During Design Week
- Participate in online live sessions (registration required beforehand!)
- Get out and explore on a SDDW self-guided tour (pick up some takeout for a picnic while you're out!)
- Host a watch party on the Kast app (an app made in San Diego!)
- Order takeout and have a conversation with friends.
- Learn how to host a watch party on KastTV with the SDDW YouTube videos !
- Listen to podcasts and music, and browse videos on your own time (design talks, virtual studio tours, and more).
- Connect with designers through the Q&A Form (to be posted September 9!), where you can submit a question directly to SDDW presenters.
The SDDW Poster Giveaway
Receive a SDDW poster designed by BASIC!
- Explore the SDDW self-guided tours. Post a selfie at a SDDW self-guided tour site or exterior installation to Instagram with the hashtag #outatsddesignweek
- Attend online live events. A guest from each online live event will be randomly selected!
- Ask great questions. The 5 best questions to presenters will be selected each day!
- Host a watch party on Kast. Email a screenshot of your Kast party to firstname.lastname@example.org!
The poster giveaway is open to San Diego/Tijuana residents, as the poster pickup location is at Shop Mingei at Liberty Station.
Pick up a poster on Monday, September 14 and Tuesday, September 15 12-5 pm.
Make new connections and share what you find! #sddesignweek